Sunday, February 15, 2009

the world is yours

Yesterday I was driving the babies to Publix to pick up some last-minute Valentine's dinner items, when the younger one, Savannah, started screaming. My first reaction when the kids cry in the car is to talk to them. Sometimes it helps. This time it only made things worse. Cade, the older of the two babies, looked at me and shrugged his shoulders. Dude didn't know how to fix it either. Kerri is normally able to calm the kids down easily, but she was at work.

After trying to reason with Savannah, I thought I'd find something nice on the XM to calm her down. I found an easy listening station, thinking it might relax her. Didn't happen. I scrambled through five or six stations trying my hardest to find something that might work, but nothing worked. Finally, I happened to land on the hip-hop station by accident. "The World is Yours" by Nas was on, and Savannah immediately stopped crying. Apparently my three-month-old girl is down with early '90s New York hip-hop.

Whose world is this? The world is yours. The world is yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment